Friday, January 5, 2007

Couch to 5k: Week 5, Day 2

Week 5, Day 2 - today was great! I can't believe that I'm now at the point where I'm doing 8 minute runs. Just a month ago, I was pushing it for each 60 second interval. I'm feeling good, and my weight is lower than it has been in years. I'm also excited that today begins the Route 66 roadtrip, and a good number of people have signed up for it!

In other news: I ordered John "The Penguin" Bingham's inspirational book on running, "The Courage to Start" - used from Amazon.com. It was listed as being in good condition, with just a few markings in it. I paid 71 cents. When it arrived yesterday, the only markings I see are on the inside cover, where it has been autographed by John Bingham himself - pretty cool!

The Workout:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
I concluded by walking another 5 minutes, and then doing a 5 minute cooldown walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment