Monday, January 29, 2007

Couch to 5k: Week 9, Day 2

Week 9, Day 2: This morning was FREE-ZING! I wore my long sleeve wicking shirt for the first time, and my skintight shortsleeve wicking shirt below it. I initially put on my Blue Dolphin swim team sweatpants, as well, but I soon discovered that the elastic in the waistband is shot (not surprising, considering they are 16 years old) and I switched to shorts so that I wouldn't have to keep pulling my pants up while running. The air was cold enough that I could see my breath, which kept fogging up my glasses, and the cold wind also stung my eyes and made it hard to see. From this, I have discovered that I do not particularly enjoy running in cold weather, and my respect for runners that do has grown. And, if anyone reading this is wondering what "cold" actually is, the temperature was about 45F - nowhere near the actual freezing temps I see a lot of other people posting about. I'm just a wuss, I guess.


On a positive note, this was my farthest run yet up Pinehurst - I actually made it to the entrance of Freedom Park, which is much closer to Forest Hill Road than I've ever before thought.


The Workout
: 5 minute warmup brisk walk, 30 minute run, 5 minute cooldown walk.

Coming up on Wednesday: Graduation!


No comments:

Post a Comment