Sunday, September 16, 2007

C25k: Week 8, Days 2 and 3

Another 2fer blog entry. This was a great week of C25k for me. By pushing my Day 2 run forward a day, I was able to have two daylight runs this week: Day 2 on Thursday morning, and Day 3 on Saturday morning. I was able to do both as park runs, which I really love. The Day 3 run was an especially good one: Rather than any feeling of running in place, this last time I actually felt like I was propelling myself forward. My pace was no different, my gait was no different; as far as I can tell I did nothing different. It just felt better, like everything was finally clicking into place.

Also, I learned on my W8D3 run that I am not observant AT ALL. I have been going the same way literally dozens of times between this time through C25k and the last. This time, for the first time, I noticed a 7+ foot cactus growing wild right on the side of the road, inches from where I always pass. I know it didn't sprout over night, nor was it planted by someone. So how on earth have I never seen it before? It's not like these things are common and easy to overlook where I live. What's up with that? I guess I've always been distracted when passing by it, every other time?

In other running news, I have joined a group on Facebook devoted to running. The group was started by someone participating in the same Cool Running support-group thread in which I participate. I can definitely see how it will be a great resource for us and I look forward to being an active member of the community, post-C25k. Also, since joining facebook to become a member of that group, I've located and "reunited" with several long-lost high school and college friends I haven't heard from in 10-15 years. We're having fun catching up, and I've discovered that some of them are runners, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment